Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

push button problem (read 2.5 v in off state)

Status
Not open for further replies.

khalid mostafa

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
The below simple circuit does not working probably . why the volt is 2.5 v in off status ?? I think that it should be 0 v
50223388.jpg

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 57

Hello Khalid mostafa,

You are right, the voltage must be "0 V" in real circuit.

But I think, you use only a simulation to control it. In simulation you have not real componets and measure instruments, but ideal components. So your voltage meter has an unlimited input resistance and the capacitor will not discharge by the instrument.

For real test, put a resistance of 10MΩ parallel to the instrument as simulation of the inner resistance. S o the voltage will drop to zero.

Regards

Rainer

Hello Khalid mostafa,

You are right, the voltage must be "0 V" in real circuit.

But I think, you use only a simulation to control it. In simulation you have not real componets and measure instruments, but ideal components. So your voltage meter has an unlimited input resistance and the capacitor will not discharge by the instrument.

For real test, put a resistance of 10MΩ parallel to the instrument as simulation of the inner resistance. S o the voltage will drop to zero.

Regards

Rainer

thank you so much for the fast reply .but where is the volt source ?? the button is off and the cap. is not charged ??
another point ...I'm trying to simulate the human finger act by a push button and a 100pf capacitor . is there a way in isis to simulate it instead ?

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.