Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pulse shaping Estimation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

salam2000

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello;
We want design a receiver that can estimate the pulse shape blindly. for example it can recognize in transmiter a Normal or Square Root Raise Cosine (SRRC) with rolloff factor (Beta) for example (all of unknown) have been used. our suppose is the receiver don't know what Tx filter have been used in transmitter and we want estimate it blindly.
Regards
Thanks

Hi

Let me confirm I understood your question properly. You want to estimate the shape of the transmitted signal. But you don't know what shape this signal has, is that true??

If it is true, you should consider other assumptions as well. For example, need to know the frequency band in which your signal is transmitted, if you receive a signal whose band is wider or narrower than your signal, then your signal will be totally distorted. You need to know the nature of the propagation channel, if it is nonlinear around your signal's bandwidth, then it definitely distort the shape of your signal.

well, good luck in your project

Sal

in this figure I plot 4 curve . the red is upsampled data, that are real part of a 16QAM modulation. the blue is transmited signal. the green is received signal after the received filter with same rolloff factor as transmitter. and the black is received signal after the received filter with different rolloff factor with transmitter.
the question is why we can estimate the transmitter Rolloff factor, without knowing the transmitter filter. as you see we couldn't use wide of signal?

match filter or sent a trainning pattern

match filter or sent a trainning pattern

I wrote more than one time, system is blind and we don't known transmitter filter.
Training patent!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back