Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pulse charging to a capacitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
The results with different load resistors suggest, that the capacitor would be still charged during second pulse, because the open circuit voltage is much higher than the capacitor voltage.

how can i prove that the cap is being charged from the second pulse. I know that the energy in the cap is
1/2 x C x Vsquare.

- - - Updated - - -

The results with different load resistors suggest, that the capacitor would be still charged during second pulse, because the open circuit voltage is much higher than the capacitor voltage.

but please be aware that the first pulse has a voltage which is higher than the second so the cap will get charge in the increasing voltage side of the first pulse and stop charging whenever the voltage starts decreasing so I don't think it will charge anymore. Am I looking for a charge pump capacitor?

You're assuming a voltage source charging the capacitor, but the measurements clarify that it isn't a voltage source. When operated with some kind of impedance matching, the behaviour is between a voltage and current source.

can the MAX17710 harvester be useful for my application?

dont complicate stuff as you say i feel you are unnecessarily complicating matters by using some thing or the other

try to understand that though the capacitor discharges in the negative half cycle of the wave it can still recharge in the second waveform ip

then again i feel something like a hunch have you tried this out in an RL series discharging plot for the response of RL series ckt is similar to the waveform

dont complicate stuff as you say i feel you are unnecessarily complicating matters by using some thing or the other

try to understand that though the capacitor discharges in the negative half cycle of the wave it can still recharge in the second waveform ip

then again i feel something like a hunch have you tried this out in an RL series discharging plot for the response of RL series ckt is similar to the waveform

I suppose that while it may discharge too much in the negative cycle without being able to benefit from the rest of the positive cycles.

Yes this signal is from an inductor.

had you said that the problem is easy to solve now

at t=0 Vind=max
Vcap=0
the inductor discharges till Vind=0 and Vcap=+vemax

then inductor discharges in reverse direction and capacitor in forward direction
till Vind=-vemax and Vcap=0

now inductor starts to charge and capacitor charges in the reverse direction
Vind rises to 0
and Vcap drops to -ve max

the reason for wave form to diminish is the fact there is a external loss in the ckt due to resistor

no external supply is given to the ckt it is a LC series discharging ckt and the load is a resistor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back