Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PSU for Micromaster LV48

Status
Not open for further replies.

rowan.bradley

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have an ICEtech Micromaster LV48 programmer. I haven't used it for a number of years. Somehow I have lost the power supply for it. Does anyone know what voltage and current the power supply needs to be? And does anyone know what the make and type of the DC power connector are? It is two pin, rectangular, pretty small, with a key so it can only be inserted one way. The plug is 6.1mm wide, 3.6mm high (or 4.6mm including the key). To use the programmer I will need to obtain a suitable power supply and the mating connector.

Thanks - Rowan

It produces 17V AC with 800mA rating. I've got one for a Micromater LV in front of me right now!

I have no idea who makes the plug, it looks like 0.1" spaced pins with a locating peg between them on one side. Unfortunately ICEtech moved out of the country a few years ago and their product range was discontinued. The present ICEtech provides limited support at a cost but is actually a different company and based in the US.

However, mine has been collecting dust for many years and I now use a different unit. I was about to scrap it to make space but you can have the whole thing, including PSU if you pay the postage.

Brian.

>I was about to scrap it to make space but you can have the whole thing, including PSU if you pay the postage.

Great offer. What would be the postage? I will pay 2nd class postage. Please tell me how to pay. You can send private e-mail to rowan <at> sylvesterbradley <dot> org

Thanks - Rowan

Parallel Cable Wiring for IceTech Micromaster LV48

Can anyone tell me how the parallel cable from the PC to the Micromaster should be wired? It seems to need a male plug on both ends. Should it be a 1-to-1 wired cable, or a LapLink cable, or what? I can't get the thing to work... (it may be my parallel port - still trying to find some software to test that).

Does anyone know what lights should be on on top of the Micromaster when it is powered up but before a successful connection has been made from WinLV on the PC to the programmer? In my case there are no lights. I would have expected the red POWER light to be on... Does this mean something is not working? Or does it just mean that WinLV has not yet connected?

Many thanks - Rowan

I think it is wired straight through. I have the original cable here, it wouldnt fit in the box I sent you and I guessed you had one already for the LV48. I'm away at a meeting all day tomoorrow but when I get back I'll see if I can find the emulator adapters and send them and the cable to you.

It's a while since I used the Micromaster but I seem to remember the red LED only came on when the computer was running, although not necessarily when using the MMLV software. I would guess it monitors one of the pins on the parallel port and it should light only when the port is initialized.

Brian.

Brian,

when I get back I'll see if I can find the emulator adapters and send them and the cable to you.

That's very kind of you - thank you. Of course I must have had the right cable for the LV48, but I've turned out my box of cables, and found several 25-way D cables but have not yet been able to find one that works.

Thanks - Rowan

Status
Not open for further replies.