Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PSU design - converting batteries to DC or to AC and then DC

Status
Not open for further replies.

rezaf

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
design psu

Hello
I want to make a selectable power supply from a 7Ah Lead Acid battery with high voltage output (0-500v DC) and low current output.
can I directly convert batteries 12v to DC high voltages (for example 100,200,300,400,... v) or must first convert it to AC and then convert to high voltage DC (with voltage doubler circuits)???
Thanks.

Re: PSU design question

no one can answer my question ???? I find circuit for converting 12v DC to 180v DC (in 431146[1] document number in EDN website) in this circuit no transformer and AC inverting circuit used. can I increase output current with using AC inverting circuit and then convert to DC??
and 300v DC from 12v DC (https://www.elecfree.com/electronic/dc-power-supply-300v-from-battery-12v/) (but it's circuit don't showed).

PSU design question

You need transformer to increase efficiency

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back