Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pspice supporting multi processors - Hypertrading

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlxsae

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Has anyone an idea when the guru's from OrCad will finally write a spice engine that supports multi processors, Hypertrading. I have setup a server where I use a double Xeon Hypertrading processor (read: 4 processors) and when performing a simulation with pspice, only 25% of my CPU is used :? Topsimulations (ASIC) will take quite a long time :D

I wonder if it is the same case with Solaris versions of programs from Cadence. I have been thinking a lot whether a SUN Ultra-80 with 4x450MHz CPU is as fast as a SUN Blade 1000 with 2x900MHz CPU. Sure there is a very good idea to know whether a program can benefit from running on a multi-processor machine or whether it is just a waist of money to invest in a multiprocessor machine. Anybody have any suggestions regarding the Ultra/Blade question?

BTW, does Orcad run in only 32-bit or can it be run in 64-bit mode too?

/Pim

mlxsae said:
Has anyone an idea when the guru's from OrCad will finally write a spice engine that supports multi processors, Hypertrading. I have setup a server where I use a double Xeon Hypertrading processor (read: 4 processors) and when performing a simulation with pspice, only 25% of my CPU is used :? Topsimulations (ASIC) will take quite a long time :D

hyper threading.....i think pspice can use in intel P4 HT edition......

for xeon,,,then i hav no idea.....

please comfirm for me whether spice can b use in HT edtion,....

thanxs...

¾λ²

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back