Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PSpice question - using parameters in simulation settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

narwhaler

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Is it possible to use a global parameter in the simulation settings? For example, I have a parameter called TH which is used to determine some component values in my circuit. I want to run a transient simulation, the length of which depends on the value of TH. So I put in the simulation settings window {4*TH} for the "Run to time" setting. This causes an error:

.TRAN 0 {4*TH} 0 1n
---------$
ERROR(ORPSIM-16152): Invalid number

Is there a way to use this global parameter in my simulation settings?

I am not sure if you can use a parameter for part of the simulation statement (I am not able to try it at the moment) but you would need a .param TH= ... statement - do you have that?

Keith

I do have the parameter defined with a "parameters" block (which translates to a .param statement in the netlist)

Looks like the options isn't provided. How about using scripting instead?

Thanks for the reply FvM. I'm not familiar with scripting, and I couldn't find any entries in the PSpice users guide for "script" or "scripting". Do you have a reference on that?

Scripting isn't supported by PSPICE itself, but you can manipulate design files by an external script interpreter and make it run the analysis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back