Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pspice convergance problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hussainkh

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all,

I am trying to use IR2127 as a gate driver for a Si MOSFET, but it doesn't work. When I tested gate driver circuit alone, it did work. However, when I connect the MOSFET into it, I got a problem which is attached with this post (convergence problem). I appreciate you in advance if you will be able to help me to solve this problem. Untitled.jpgUntitled2.jpg

Short-circuiting the Mosfet would not help much to prevent simulation errors, particularly if the MOSFET model is not likely to trustworthy represent the parameters of the real-world device. You are also not providing any gate resistence as would be expected at an authentic circuit.

I would recomend you start by using some working curcuit/topology available on the web.

your shorting a voltage source?...maybe you have to put internal resistance in the voltage source to get it to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.