Status
Not open for further replies.

MUKESH.K.S

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to make a PS/2 based mouse using PIC18f4550 ( i am doing it just for learning the ps/2 protocol and interfacing). I have read about the ps/2 communication from the internet. I am confused with the ps/2 protocol and PIC's serial port. I want to know which of the serial communication module of PIC such as EUSART or SPI i have to use and in which mode.

[Moved]PS/2 MOUSE emulation using PIC

I am doing a project using Pic18f4550 to make a mouse using PC's ps/2 port. I learned about the ps/2 port and communication from http://computer-engineering.org/
I have made codes for sending and receiving the data with ps2/ port.
When i checked the pins of mouse's ps2 port the clock line is always showing zero. The micro-controller is unable to send anything since the clock line is always zero. Why this happens? is the ps2 port needs any special driver software?. Then i connected it with keyboard's ps2 port and checked the clk & data line and there is no problem both pins shows 5 v on multimeter. I also found that the keyboard's port is sending reset command to the PIC. Why the mouse's port not working?

Last edited by a moderator:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…