Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PS2 MOUSE emulation using PIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

MUKESH.K.S

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to make a PS/2 based mouse using PIC18f4550 ( i am doing it just for learning the ps/2 protocol and interfacing). I have read about the ps/2 communication from the internet. I am confused with the ps/2 protocol and PIC's serial port. I want to know which of the serial communication module of PIC such as EUSART or SPI i have to use and in which mode.

[Moved]PS/2 MOUSE emulation using PIC

I am doing a project using Pic18f4550 to make a mouse using PC's ps/2 port. I learned about the ps/2 port and communication from http://computer-engineering.org/
I have made codes for sending and receiving the data with ps2/ port.
When i checked the pins of mouse's ps2 port the clock line is always showing zero. The micro-controller is unable to send anything since the clock line is always zero. Why this happens? is the ps2 port needs any special driver software?. Then i connected it with keyboard's ps2 port and checked the clk & data line and there is no problem both pins shows 5 v on multimeter. I also found that the keyboard's port is sending reset command to the PIC. Why the mouse's port not working?

Last edited by a moderator:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back