Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PS/2 keyboard to avr?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkedvessy

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hy all!

Anybody can help me, how I can link a PS2 keyboard to a 90s2313 mcu? Is there any source code in C or Basic language?

There are several posts on similar topics in this forum.
Here is one with C-code:

So, use the SEARCH button and check the others ..
Good luck and regards ..
IanP

Ok, but these are for 8051 architecture! I'd like to make it on 90s2313!

There is always a solution:
-- change horses --
Are you stack with this particular AVR micro???

pkedvessy,

I know you probably want a nice neat code written for you (don't we all :)) but you could always just convert the ideas from other sources, ie: assembly. And if what you get is well annontated, you might not need to know anything about the language itself. I'm sure you could work out how to write your own code if you know exactly what it is that it should do. - Take data from the keyboard. There's loads of info on the web, about PS/2 (https://www.beyondlogic.org/ is damn good). And if you are a beginer at programming micro's/writing code, it'll be a great exercise. I've come along in leaps and bounds by designing stuff like this from scratch, may take a while, but its satisfying.

Good luck.

BuriedCode.

Dear pkedvessy,

Visit www.atmel.com to search for application note about interfacing and using PC keyboard with AVR micro. They have published the same you are looking using C code.

Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.