Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Protocol to transfer data betwen Microcontroller & pendr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goku Goi Guerlari

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, I’m Miguel Astiz from Spain.
We have designed a data collecting system based on a microcontroller (8051 family) and we would like to store the data in Memory stick Pendrive devices. We can make the hardware part to interface with Memory stick Pendrive devices, but we don’t know the protocol needed for the transfer.

Could Somebody please help us with this point?

Thank you very much. :D

Yours,

Miguel (arekin007@hotmail.com)

Re: Protocol to transfer data betwen Microcontroller & p

Goku Goi Guerlari said:
Memory stick Pendrive devices
Hmm, please specify, are You interested in Memorystick card or Pendrive USB device?

I'm intersting in Pendrive USB device.

Thank you

Miguel

I think this is a too demanding task for a 8051. The USB host protocol is very complex.
Maybe you should reconsider the decision to use a USB pendrive.
I would recommend to use a flash memory card instead, like the ones used for digital cameras: CompactFlash, Memory Stick, MultiMediaCard, SmartMedia Card, SD Card etc. You can find a lot of info about interfacing these devices with a MCU.
Here's info about different Flash memory cards: https://www.sandisk.com/consumer/default.asp

Thank you very much for your reply, we think chose this way to solve the problem of protocol.

Yours

Miguel :D

Interface compact flash card with 8051:
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.