Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Proteus Simulation PIC as USB host for MAss storage class .

Status
Not open for further replies.

deeplearns

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi ,

I wish to know If i can simulate Usb Mass Storage Class in Proteus with the PIC18F as host .
I have ran several other examples in which the PIC acts as an device , so the computer loads the driver sucessfully and the thum drive can be seen in the Explorer and files inside can be edited or copied .
But now i want to use the PIC to detect the thumb drive , ie to write firmware for PIC as host for the pendrive and create a filesystem and write files (transfer reports )to the pendrive so that when i connect it to the PC i can see the files exclusively .
I have used the MLA code and am able to detect the thumb drive and enumerate it .But after that i am facing problems .

Thanks .

the PIC18 will only act as a USB device (e.g. mouse, mass storage device, etc) to a USB host such as a PC - it does not have the facilities to act as a USB host to a device, see
**broken link removed**

if you require a PIC to act as a USB host you will need to move to a PIC24 or PIC32

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
the PIC18 will only act as a USB device (e.g. mouse, mass storage device, etc) to a USB host such as a PC - it does not have the facilities to act as a USB host to a device, see
**broken link removed**

if you require a PIC to act as a USB host you will need to move to a PIC24 or PIC32

Actually i am using PIC32 , but didnt knew if PIC 18 doesnt support host mode,appreciate the info provided .

The reason i went to pic 18 is i wanted to simulate the ckt in Proteus and PIC32 is unavailable in proteus .
So i guess i will have to use 24F series as it does support host mode , but the question remais will it be possible for me to simulate it in proteus , as host mode maas storage class for a pen drive .

Thanks .

Status
Not open for further replies.