Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Proteus - Simulation of capacitor discharge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lufer17

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello I am having difficulties using Proteus to make a simulation of a graph for demonstration on the graph or discharge of the capacitor. It shows the instant after unloading and there is no logarithm graphic of the unloading, I am then reproducing in the graph, precious guidance.

009.png

There are theoretical combinations of resistor and capacitor values which produce the classic discharge curve (as shown in your second diagram).

Experiment with various resistor values and you should find an RC combination which creates a sensible curve within the timeline of your X axis.

As a guide calculate the time constant (R times C), and it's probably true that a value that works is on the same order of magnitude as your X axis timeline.

There are theoretical combinations of resistor and capacitor values which produce the classic discharge curve (as shown in your second diagram).

Experiment with various resistor values and you should find an RC combination which creates a sensible curve within the timeline of your X axis.

As a guide calculate the time constant (R times C), and it's probably true that a value that works is on the same order of magnitude as your X axis timeline.

Yes, that is a fact, but the circuit was passed to mine for graphic reproduction, in this case the configuration is correct. See the diagram.

WhatsApp Image 2021-02-11 at 10.29.54.jpeg

For your C & R values, the RC time constant is 0.2 second.
In simulation I find the discharge graph fits in a timeframe of less than one second. By adjusting your X axis you should see a similar graph.

capacitor discharge 20 mF 10 ohms under 1 second.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back