Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] PROTEUS - Assigning packages for components outside board

Status
Not open for further replies.

yadiw

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello guys. I'm trying to assign a package for a component in ISIS (a POT-HG) in a way which I could split it into 3 different drill holes in ARES.
I'm designing a guitar pedal, and potenciometers don't go directly on board, they go into the enclosure and wired to the board.
So what I'm (unsuccessful) trying to do is to split pot into multiple pin connectors or holes. All I could do until now is assign a generic 3pin connector, but that forces me to place all pins together.

Is that possible? Documentation is sparse and I've searched alot and found nothing.
Thanks!

The only way I see this possible is by using three pin components in isis connected to the pot (each to one pin of the pot), then in ares you can move them individually to any position.
You also need to exclude the pot from the PCB (from the component properties), using that way you can use the pot while simulating but it is not shown in pcb.

Here is the isis schematic, it includes the pot but you set it to not be included in the pcb and you add one pin components to each pin of the pot
isis_independent_ pins.jpg

then in the ares pcb the pot is not shown but instead you use the pins which can be moved in any position and you can also use the auto-router and connectivity manager.
ares_independent_ pins.jpg

That's perfect! Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back