Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Proteus and recent 8051 based models

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
What about future implementation for recent 8051 based models.
I get under the impression that Labcenter's plannings are focalised mostly on PIC series and AVR with no substantial updates for new 8051 models. I'm thinking to Philips LPC900 series, Cygnal, new Maxim's products or extended support for Siemens 80C535 with two additional ports. These derivatives add many add-on like ADC and DAC, I2C and SPI support, internal comparators and more i/o capabilities as well. As most of these have been included in AVR and PICs models right now, I believe that anyone like me involved in development by using Proteus and 8051 got disappointed with this.
What do you think ?

Phil

I think you definitevely right Phil !
Other than by supporting for simulation of 'genuine' 51 cores and some variants for Philips and Atmel that do not have included important improvements however, it seems they have forgotten this powerful microcontroller.

What a pity.

/Justin/

Our processor model development is largely demand driven (h**p://www.labcenter.co.uk/vmodels/modelreq.htm) and the lack of requests for additional 8051 models compared to new PIC18 variants for example, has influenced our development focus.

That said, the 8051 model is up for revisiting reasonably soon and we have definate plans for expanding the model to include additional variants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back