Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

proteus and hitech - debugging issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

brutus

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
proteus and hitech

please help me!!!

I want to use proteus to debug 1 program, using hitech picc to write the program! but I can't see the source code in the debug menu.

what version of Proteus??
The version <6.1 use the .COD generated by the compiler file to debug
The version 6.1 use the .COF debug file, the Hitech compiler >=V8.01PL3

you can debug in C source code only with the IAR compiler. With other compilers , you have to provide the .hex file ...
So in this case , only asm debugging :)

The hi tech compiler is supported on last release of proteus, jivega
is quite right.
see

hxxp://www.labcenter.co.uk/
vsm simulation
supported compilers

nebisman

the only way i found to debug a program inside proteus (5.2 SP7) is with the .cod , I use Mplab and Hi tech compiler (8.01 PL3) , load the cod file in the "Program File " box in edit component window, in the code windows the c code is mixed with assembler, but is easy to debug

try yoursef is easy

in the 6.1 demo i did'nt found how to debug with coff file

minos

can i use Keil to get the *.cod file?

To Proteus as an external debugger requires that the symbolic debug format produced by your compiler is supported by one of the loaders available in Proteus. A loader extracts both the addresses of each source line in the high level language program, and - where possible - the locations of the program variables.
Common debug formats are COD (used in the PIC world), COF by the new compilers (Hitech), UBROF - used by all IAR's compilers, and OMF (used in 8051 circles). We also provide loaders for other proprietary formats such as the list files produced Crownhill PICBasic. See our the support area of our website under "3rd Party Compilers" for up to date information.

Assuming that there is a loader for your chosen compiler, the procedure for loading the program into the simulated micro-processor is extremely simple:
To load a program produced in an external IDE

1. Ensure that the program is compiled and linked with no errors.

2. Edit the PROGRAM property of the CPU model to be the name of the executable image file produced by the compiler or linker, e.g. MYPROG.COD.

Do not enter the name of the source file - Proteus VSM does not simulate 'C' or 'ASM' files; the CPU models load and execute binary machine code.

Press the PLAY button on the animation control panel to begin real-time simulation or press the STEP button to run up to the first source level instruction. In the latter case, the Source Window will appear and you can commence stepwise debugging of your code.

there is a loader for hitech cof files in proteus 6.1 demo???

the demo version, cannot simulate own designs. Only demo designs.

The demo version can simulate modified designs if you find the correct patch............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back