Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Project to replace CY7C64613 in the ICD2

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you had read this thread you would know the difference between Open and Import and saved yourself much time.

I've read through that thread 4 or 5 times, I guess you mean I'm just too dumb then...

Hello together

I made some effort because I found a mistake in my layout. Pin 25 and Pin26 of the PIC18F4550 are wrong connected to PIC16F877:)
Now the self test brings me the following warning:

Connecting to MPLAB ICD 2
...Connected
Setting Vdd source to MPLAB ICD 2
ICDWarn0020: Invalid target device id (expected=0x21, read=0x0)
...Reading ICD Product ID
Running ICD Self Test
... Failed Self Test. See ICD2 Settings (status tab) for details.
MPLAB ICD 2 Ready

It seems that it could be OK:)

Thank you and best regards
Geri

azn_oohwee:

Your schematics has multiple mistakes and WILL NOT WORK!!!

Please correct them or remove your post as this will create problems for other people!!!

- Applying 5V to Vusb pin of 4550 will damage internal regulator.

Geri said:
ICDWarn0020: Invalid target device id (expected=0x21, read=0x0)
This is ok, if you haven't connected target device, or the connection is bad between the target device and icd2.
Failed Self Test. See ICD2 Settings (status tab) for details.
Maybe one of the voltage divider resistors is too small or high, and icd2 thinks that there is a problem with the voltages.

Hello together

@potyo: Thank you very much for your help!!! I have checked inside ICD-Settings-Register STATUS: and all signals are indicated as passed.
Register POWER: Target Vdd 5V, Target Vpp 13V, MPLAB ICD 2 VPP 12V
Regiser VERSION: Debug Exec Version no information available

Programming works very fine

In debug mode I get the message
ICD0083: Target not in debug mode, unable to perform operation

Does anybody have an idea?

Best regards
Geri

@acrobat

a mixture but I would say it is more or less the one of Andy_123.

Best regards
Geri

That's my favourite too... just need time to redraw the schematics for my dil40 pics.

Geri

read my earlier posts (page 6) on:
**broken link removed**

probable solutions to you problems.

regards Polymath

Last edited by a moderator:

Hello Polymath

Thank you for your help. I read the information ant tried more or less of the points but maybe it is a problem with the transistor.

in another thread I found this text:

My ICD2 is finally working.

Everything in my previous post is correct - the Configuration Bits and the source code. The problem was in the hardware. The MOSFET providing 5 V when the target is in debug mode was broken and when MPLAB is trying to set the target in debug mode it is not powered thereby an error emerge. "

I hope this is the problem
Best regards and thank you again

Geri

Hi, just to make it clear. Is it OK to connect ICD2 Clone that powered by +5V to the PIC24 & dsPIC33 that have lower operating voltage? If can, how to do it? Can I just separate both power supply (+5V for my ICD2 clone, +3.3V for my target device and of course with common ground)? Next thing, is it PGC & PGD on the target device (PIC24 & dsPIC33) can handle voltage signal more than +3.3V for example +4.7V with no harm to the target itself?

Hopefully somebody can explain more about this.

Best regards.

be_jouster
Please don't clutter this thread with another topic.

As you know there already a thread for this topic

and you have already posted the question there.

Try waiting for a reply or do research and figure it out for yourself and help others.

Polymath

It's already quite cluttered, maybe it would be a good idea to collect all the information on a web page instead of 300 posts?

I setup a Wiki on my domain that we can use to compile all the information

**broken link removed**

Pics
what prograM can we use to open gebber files has they look like note book files

cheers

wizpic

Added after 1 hours 53 minutes:

all sorted now i was doing it wrong

cheers

wizpic

polymath,

Sorry..... there is so many topic in these forum...... I just found the correct channel...:D

TQ

wizpic

You can use CAM 350. Use the autoimport function.
The CAM will auto-recognize all files to you.

Regards
Rodolfo

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the good work for making this clone possible.

Most of the design in this post are simplified version. Just wonder has anyone include the d-pot in this ICD2?

Regards.

I'm thinking on adding the d-pot along with the 4066 switches on my second board. I already have posted my preliminary schematic with the 4066, but the pcb is not built yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back