Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Project to replace CY7C64613 in the ICD2

Status
Not open for further replies.
for 3.3V target devices only:
Did somebody try to lower whole clone voltage to 3.3V and use 18LF4550 and 16LF877A ?

I have bufferless version running for 5V devices, now moving to 3.3V and I am thinking to make a simple version that will run at 3.3v only.
This will eliminate buffer and high voltage circuits, making ICD2 very siplme.

I know we need to lower frequency for both PICs as well.
Any ideas on this one?

I'm just asking about to remove Boost converter. USB port can supply 5V DC which is useful to run the ICD circuit. The Vcc sensing can be loop back (Please correct me if I'm wrong here). Hence we can run the target board on external 3.3V while ICD determines the Vcc = 5V which is loop back to sense pin.

This will eventually reduce my work (as I'm not going use PIC8 family in near future). So this eliminate some tedious work for people like me.

PICS can release Rev. C circuit which works only for dsPIC family.

Nandu

blueroomelectronics said:
The 18F4550 must run internally at 48MHz core and 96MHz USB to function. It can't do that at less than VDD of 4.5V
This is incorrect, just read datasheet:
18LF4550 USB section needs 48MHz and can run at any voltage at 48MHz
CPU core can run at any speed it does not have to be 48MHz, you can select divide 96/6 or 96/4 instead of 96/2 and run at lower speed.
Will firmware work?
Not sure
But I will try this weekend.

The biggest concern that 16LF877A will work at 10MHz instead of 20 that possibly can affect timing that used to talk to targets.

Hey all!
THX for everyone working on this huge project.
i have made a pcb using PiCS's sch, but i have no 4550 in hand, so i can't test it right now.After testing, i'll update the result!

good luck for all and my testing^_^

Hi All,
I've tested PICS Rev B circuit and found that it is very much unstable. Finally I my PIC18F4550 become hot and I stopped the testing. Also I made the different PCB based on PICS Rev.B circuit but not succeeded.

In this new circuit, USB had been detected properly but MPLAB doesn't recognize the ICD.

Can anyone tell me where is the flaw? am I doing any mistake?

Nandu

@ Nandulal

your schematic is wrong
check RC1 and RC2

Dear PICS,
Yes, I got it. Actually that junction is formed by mistake. I found this error just after I post reply here. I think there is no other error.

Nandu

Hi everybody!

I realized the PIC rev B version and the Potyo last revision of ICD2 and they work perfectly!
I programmed also a DSPic30 chip with Potyo clone and it works.

Thanks everybody :)

Regards.
Luca.

Thank you any ppl who work on this project, I am able to build one for my final year project(Save my budget).

I will build one so that I can debug my embbed program on Microchip MCUs.

THX!~

hi
is there any website which gives the full explnation for potyo's ICD ??
It is difficult to browse through 52 pages of this topic to get to the details.
Anyway thanks for developing this ICD.

Yes, you can find all you need to build an icd2 clone here:

h**p://www.icd2clone.com/wiki/Main_Page

hi
i still cant find a link where the whole assembly and installation steps are given in detail. Is it avilable?

hello everybody,

I'd like to ask whether the 74hc126, 74ls07n, 74hct125, 74hc4066 used in the potyo2 are of cmos logic type or the analog type?

Microtronic said:
ICD2 clone es compatible con windows vista ultimate 32 bits???
No se, por que no se lo preguntas a chavez el todo lo sabe :D

folks said:
Microtronic said:
ICD2 clone es compatible con windows vista ultimate 32 bits???
No se, por que no se lo preguntas a chavez el todo lo sabe :D

JAJAJAJA, no a esa basura no la queremos aqui en venezuela pero q mas toca calarcelo hasta q llegue el dia de tumbarlo ojala y sea democraticamente.. aunque con los poderes gobernados por el va a ser dificil.. XDXD..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back