Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Project to replace CY7C64613 in the ICD2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nandulal said:
plz upload the PIC18F4550 bootloader for ICD2 with LVP bit enable in code.

I'm not able to program the PIC18F4550 with the LVISP programmer as given on h**p://www.members.aon.at/electronics/pic/picpgm/.

This is urgent for me.

Thanks in advance.
Nandu
Import in MPLAB, then go to Configuration bits, uncheck checkbox, set LVP to enabled, and then save the hex file with Export :!:

Added after 47 seconds:

yahootew3000 said:
hi,
i'm doing the potyo2 icd2 on a protoboard. when i connect it, it shows that can't recognize the usb device. is it the firmware problem?because i'm burning them using jdm programmer.or connection problem?how could i check?thx
Do you have capacitor on the Vusb pin :?:

potyo said:

yes...i already put 330nF on it...is the schematic on this page http://www.icd2clone.com/wiki/Main_Page all correct?i mean the potyo2 schematic...the firmware for potyo2 is the one named Firmwares?

by the way, i am trying it on my laptop..i want to use laptop to do the pic stuff,so, decided to build this ICD2 clone..is it support notebook?thx

Hi folks
Thank You for this great job.....
I have do the project in protoboard and it is ok, of course I had comite some mistakes, but now it is working, I will test with more PICs,...like DSPIC30F6014, but I donot have a program for test it, somebody can helpme with any small program.......
Best regards
JoseF

Again friends
I tested the ICD2 with target device PIC16LF874 and it works ok with Voltage at target at 2 volts, but have to use 74AHC devices at the level coverter, because the voltage levels for logic are diferent for series 74HC and 74AHCT.....
SEE YOU FRIENDS
Greetings from Peru, and sorry for my poor english

yahootew3000 said:
potyo said:

yes...i already put 330nF on it...is the schematic on this page http://www.icd2clone.com/wiki/Main_Page all correct?i mean the potyo2 schematic...the firmware for potyo2 is the one named Firmwares?

by the way, i am trying it on my laptop..i want to use laptop to do the pic stuff,so, decided to build this ICD2 clone..is it support notebook?thx

i think it is the Vdd have not enough supply..after i put a 0.33uF for Vdd,the device is detected.

The value for capacitor for Vusb must be 330nF, I am doing in SMD, and canot find this value, may I can put in parallel, or some body experiment any problem....
In this moment I am using 220nf and it works OK, but I want to be suro .....
thank You

Jose Fausto said:
The value for capacitor for Vusb must be 330nF, I am doing in SMD, and canot find this value, may I can put in parallel, or some body experiment any problem....
In this moment I am using 220nf and it works OK, but I want to be suro .....
thank You
I tried parallel combination of 270nF and 33nF. It works without problem.

Datasheet says 220nF±20%. Remember, it is to filter the USB hardware's power, it isn't a part of an oscillator.

HI FRIENDS
I see some ICD2 circuit using power from USB for supply the target circuit, and some other donot use the USB power, only use external power......
how is the original ICD2?.....AND
What is the maximun current what a USB port can suply?
Thank You

Jose Fausto said:
What is the maximun current what a USB port can suply?
Maximum is 500mA....but it depends on your USB device descriptor which tells the USB host, how much current to supply.

Thank You
and... what is the maximun current what ICD2 can supply to target board when it is conected only to the USB port (without external power supply), and what happen if the target board is current is more than this value?
the USB port is current is limited by software too?
Thank You

Added after 5 minutes:

Please check this circuit and reply me for sugestions or errors, I will apreciate your answers....
I am doing the PCB, but I like to consider diferent sugestions.......Thank You

Hi everybody!
I make an ICD USB using rev.b schematics and firmware:

I'm using MPLAB 7.60 and I can't install ICD2.
When I install drivers (ICD2W2K) Windows Xp crashes, then if I plug again the ICD I can't recognize the ICD due to "unknown USB device": I must re-program the firmware on PIC18F4550.
I also tryed to remove USB drivers with Microchip tools, but I don't solve the problem.
May anyone help me?
Thanks.

I made the same circuit, but I see they are using 24 Mhz crystal , in the another I am using 20 Mhz crystal, verify is it is correct......or check all the conections.....about firmwares, here are working.......
Actually I am using MPLAB 7.62 and it workrs great....
Chao

Hi all.

I am having problems in the potyo ICD2 clone. When i try program PIC 16/18/24/33 works perfect. But, when i try DEBUG these PIC's, the ICD show me this:

MPLAB ICD 2 Ready
...Programming Debug Vector
...Debug Vector
...Programming Configuration Bits
.. Config Memory
Verifying configuration memory...
Connecting to debug executive
ICD0083: Debug: Unable to enter debug mode. Please double click this message for more information.
MPLAB ICD 2 Ready
Resetting Target
MPLAB ICD 2 Ready

So, how i solve this? Anyone help me?

Ah, I read all this topic and i am using 4550 and 877A...

Have you a crystal or true oscillator settings? Not all PICs are dedicated for debugging too.

HI FRIENDS
I want to use the include picture diagram to drive PGM, using 74AHC1G08, NON INERTER NAND, but I saw some circuits using a 74hc00 and it is inverted, what is correct.......and somebody think is still necesary use PGM?.....

Sorry... I forgot to put 74hc125 in PGC line.... dummie.... haha. But anyone can i explain me how this works?

Ah! I have other problem.... When I select dsPIC33F/PIC24F my ISP-VDD led stay on... but this's wrong, correct? How i solve this?

thanks for all...

regrats...

Jose Fausto said:
HI FRIENDS
I want to use the include picture diagram to drive PGM, using 74AHC1G08, NON INERTER NAND, but I saw some circuits using a 74hc00 and it is inverted, what is correct.......and somebody think is still necesary use PGM?.....

the right gate is AND like 74xx08. but as potyo said you don't need this signal ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back