Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Project to replace CY7C64613 in the ICD2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello to all

I am surprised. This is really a very good project you offer here!! I already have an ICD2 with a FTDI and Debugging is not really possible because it is very slow.

I'll also try to build my own USB ICD2:)
Very good job!!!

Best reagars from Austria

Geri

PiCS said:
icd2 with Pic16F877a+Pic18F4550+Firmware work ok
Thanks for all

hi friend thanks for sharing your nice and great job colud you please upload your icd2 PCB Design donated you 100 points for your job

regards
Fragrance

If he got 100 points for the pcb/fw than we need at least a warm handshake... :/

Great job!

Hi

What a wonderful job - sorry I was away for a long time, mabe I could have helped, but if there are any rough edges left in this beautiful project, feel free to count me in.
I will put my heart and soul into it after the 2nd of July, because I will be too busy with something going on at Homebrew_PCB, till then.

PicS - did you build the ICD2 from your schematic ? How is it working ?

I just wanted to know if this is a functional clone of the new ICD2 - will MAPLAB support this ICD2 without ANY modification for time to come ?

Also, I want to know if there are any functional equivalents from Maxim/TI for :

MC34063A
MIC2172BN
LT1172
LT1072

which we are using in our designs.

Are there any direct drop in replacements from Maxim/TI too ?

GOD bless you all.

Hi again,
I have a serious problem - my 74LS07 is getting hot after a few seconds from power-up. Anybody has/had a similar problem ?
Thanks.

schematic is from edaboard or another clone icd2
work fine with target PIC18F6720,PIC16F648A,PIC16F877A

PiCS said:
icd2 with Pic16F877a+Pic18F4550+Firmware work ok
Thanks for all

A small question:

I noticed that your shematics uses a 24MHz crystal.

Is it reason why you publish another firmware ??

I want to use a 20MHZ crystal.

is it enough to fiddle with the 4550 & 877a config bits or are there other changes needed in the firmware ???

Thanks in advance
Ech

You can use any crystal you want :) Check pic18f4550 datasheet. Setting proper config bits to run USB @ 48MHz and core @ >=20Mhz you will succed.

use 20Mhz crystal for my design
sorry

Ok, I've found bug that makes my 7407 hot, simple solder-shortciruit.
Now I have next problem.
1RA4 is still low, so during self-test I'm receiving:
- low target Vdd
- low module Vpp
- low MCLR Vdd

When I apply external 5V+ voltage (eg. connecting target board with its own PSU) the ICD passes self test properly.

I've checked all connections and haven't found any bug.
1RA4 seems to be configured weird by firmware, because it has floating voltage... just like input pin.
This issue is not persistent, I mean, sometimes my ICD passes the selftest, but often doesn't.

Has anybody similar problem ?
Maybe it's something with 877-reset circuit ? (But it seems ok...)

TQFP SMD ICs on single sided board!

Here is my contribution:

SINGLE SIDED board with very small layout.
Only 7 jumpers.

Board designed for "home made" production.

TQFP ICs with hole through other components

I tested it - no errors found so far.
Board fits to the plastic box i posted picture one or two pages above.

Target connector RJ45 - use CAT5 cables
It is compatible with RJ12 - same target pinout

Next week I am planning to order double sided factory made boards from this design (I will put ICs on the top) - let me know if you want to have one or more.
Larger order, less price.

EDIT:
I updated schematics - capacitors next to the resonator - should be 22pF-33pF depending on your crystal.
Some 3 wire resonators have capacitors alreadey built in.
Board can accomodate all

Edit2, June 12:
See important RJ45 connector note on the page 16 of this topic

Hi Andi,

just one remark - as of the USB spec. you should use USB B-Type connector.

Best Regards,

Manuel

just one remark - as of the USB spec. you should use USB B-Type connector.

This is USB type B connector.

All drawings are scaled 200% so you can see it!
Board is only 2.9" x1.3" (75x33mm).

**broken link removed**

Last edited by a moderator:

Re: Great job!

KamalS said:
Are there any direct drop in replacements from Maxim/TI too ?

I don't know if there are any direct drop in replacemants, but I do know that maxim has an nice DC-DC voltage converter that only uses 4 capacitors to generate a regulated 12V programming voltage, it's the MAX662A. you can find more information on the maxim website.

ICD2 18F4550 this version support PIC24 ?

ICD2 support PIC12/16/18/24 dspic30/33
for more infomation , read file "Readme for MPLAB ICD 2.htm" in the Microchip/MPLAB IDE/Readmes/

I found this little puppy:
h**p://www.national.com/pf/LM/LM2577.html

5 to 12 DC-Dc @800mA, see the PDF

It has a low component count, and probably has a more stable output at lower current.

looks great, too bad I already ordered DIP40 controllers... I wish I could download it, but I already used up my points with the other files in this thread <g>

PICs,
I've taken your design and added a step up converter to make it stand alone. If I make that adjustable is there a way to see if the Pic believes it has the right voltage for the different PICS? or do you have to use a voltage meter?

Rgds
/Jas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back