Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Programming TI DSPs with Matlab?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antonio_Magma

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ti c2000 programming with matlab

Is it possible to program a TI DSP with Matlab or Simulink instead of using C?

If it's possible could i use the Matlab codes which i used for simulation and transfer it into the DSP?

hyperception visual application builder download

Yes is possible to generate C code from Simulink .But you need the Ti toolbox (either for C6000 or C2000).then once you have your algorithm working and you are pleased .Just generate the c code for it and download it to your dsp target
Now there is another way to generate code for those Ti Dsp plataforms
is called VAB ( hyperception's visual application builder ) here you don't even need a C compiler or Matlab .It generates binary code directly from your visual simulation framework).This company hyperception belongs to Ti and they have developed a graphic compiler for DSPs .

You can request an eval CD from them .

Ah, great! That would really make my life simpler :p
Thanks elton

Ti seems have the tool named visual composer for co-simulate with matlab for simulating in DSP.

how about using CODE COMPOSER STUDIO .. ??

u can write the code in C and implement it in this composer studio.

CCS is the ti native development DSP enviroment .It is pretty sofisticated and allows plugs in to do a lot of things .like to deal with Ti's own real time OS .Also it allows to display FFt of data buffers and other formats.
But is NOT intended to help you to automaticaly produce code from a higher language description like MATLAB!
CCS allows c/c++ and assambler as input .Not matlab
But if you have proven working c,c++ or assambler algorithms .CCS has all the tools to optimize them to the target DSP ..( C2000,C5000,C6000 ,OMAP)

Cheers

Thx guys, i think i'll try out with Matlab or Simulink first...then i'll c how it goes...

eltonjohn said:
Yes is possible to generate C code from Simulink .But you need the Ti toolbox (either for C6000 or C2000).then once you have your algorithm working and you are pleased .Just generate the c code for it and download it to your dsp target
is called VAB ( hyperception's visual application builder ) here you don't even need a C compiler or Matlab .It generates binary code directly from your visual simulation framework).This company hyperception belongs to Ti and they have developed a graphic compiler for DSPs .

i want to ask a question
the code generated by the matlab
could it be much less efficient

Added after 9 minutes:

eltonjohn said:

i want to ask a question

alexfeng said:
i want to ask a question

yeah, it never occured to me about the performance difference. How would the performance b affected if the code is generate using Matlab instead of directly progamming in C?

There is a software that links matlab to the code composer studio passing the code from one to another, it's called MatLab Link to Code Composer Studio

vinicius said:
There is a software that links matlab to the code composer studio passing the code from one to another, it's called MatLab Link to Code Composer Studio

Is the software an addon to Matlab? or a completely independent program? where can i find more details about it?

I think generating code in matlab is a real
chance as generating it in C is an awesome
enterprize

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back