Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Programming/setting up a BTM 180

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keith22

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

Im interfacing a BTM180 with a microcontroller but need to know how to program the btm180 first and im a beginner so any help?

What is the problem you are facing? BTM 180 works at 3.3V. Are you trying to interface BTM 180 to MCU, MCU Board, or PC? What is the working voltage of your MCU? What is the clock frequency? BTM 180 supports UART, USB, SPI, PCM, and PIO type data transfers.

You can easily get UART on most MCUs. BTM 180 UART pins are TTL level pins and you can cross and connect it to Rx and Tx pins of MCU for Serial transfer. Your MCU should be of 3.3V type or you should use level converter to convert %V TTL to 3.3V TTL.

If you use PIO (Parallel IO) data transfer then I think you can use PSP (Parallel Slave Port) pins of MCUs.

If you use SPI then you need SPI supported MCU.

What do you mean by Programming BTM 180? If you use UART then you have to send and receive data Serially and for that you have to write UART Code.

Which MCU you want to use? Which Compiler you want to use to write the code?

first cheers for your reply, so heres my situation

Ye i have the correct voltage goin to the btm 180.

at the minute i have my btm 180 connected to a microcontroller(fujitsu sk-fr-144pmc-91467B) by using the Tx and Rx. i have the btm 180 paired with the bluetooth on my laptop and paired fine. i have a loopback program which sends out characters to the microcontroller then pings them back to the laptop. i am using Hterm to see the pinged data. this loopback works fine on the usb port i can see the pinged data coming. but when i open a second Hterm and set it to the bluetooth com port i am not seeing any pinged data coming back to me.

Do i have to configure the btm 180 using the at commands in order to get the loopback working on the bluetooth port? Also how exactly and were do i enter the at commands?

I am using softune workbench to compile by code and using flash programmer to send the code to the microcontroller.

this loopback works fine on the usb port i can see the pinged data coming. but when i open a second Hterm and set it to the bluetooth com port i am not seeing any pinged data coming back to me.

I don't understand this? Are you using BT module with USB interface at laptop side? Only one application can open one COM port at a time. So, If you open 2 HTerm and try to open the same COM port in each it will not work. What do you mean by bluetooth COM port? How is your bt device at the laptop side connected and what port is it using?

On the Hterm we open two windows, 1 is the usb port(eg: com 16) and the second is the bluetooth port(eg: com 19) these com ports we got by viewing the device manager.

On the laptop side we simply powered the btm 180 up and discovered it on the laptops bluetooth and paired the two together.

Status
Not open for further replies.