Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

programming pic16f876 to read input AC voltage continiously

Status
Not open for further replies.

quium

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
I have to build a power quality monitor so waht i am planning to do is reduce the supply voltage to 5v using a step down transformer.and then using pic16f876 i want to sample the voltage and transfer it on to the pc where i can calculte teh harmaonic content using matlab.I am currently struggling to do the programming part of the pic to sample the data and transfer to teh pc.I am using ccs c compiler so i will be grateful if any one can help me with programming part or give me any other ideas of achieving the same.
I am in great need so please kindly help me.:|

Re: programming pic16f876 to read input AC voltage continiou

Hi!
You want to sample the 5v ac signal and send it to the pc or the 5v DC signal.

It is fairly easy to write the code and i will certainly help you but first clarify me. More over what is the sampling rate that you need i.e how many samples per secound.

Regards.

Re: programming pic16f876 to read input AC voltage continiou

hi waseem...

basically i'm having the same problem with quium which is to write the programming part...but in my case, i'm designing the digital energy meter using the pic16f877a..the input is current, voltage and phase difference...these input will go to the adc in the pic...i have to calculate the energy in kwh, store the data and also display it on the lcd display...kindly need your help for the programming...

Status
Not open for further replies.