Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Programming a light seeking robot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mohamedkhaled

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

I am working on robot project now, I am trying to let it seek a light. I am facing some programming problems.

I am using Assebler language,

I am using two LDR in the front of the robot. I dont really know to program the robot to stop when it faces the robot.

I am also using ultrasound sensor for obstacles avoidance, so it stops whenever it senses any things in front of it.

can you please help me with that and let me know how to sort the programming issues related to the two above tasks ( light seeking and abosticls avoidance).
by the way I am using Assebler language.

Thank you .
:|

light seeking

i think it is easy and better that use two ir

differentially to obstacles avoidance.

you should applay two ir diff and subtract thems

outepute to give you an exactly number.

in this way you can easy detect obstacles.

Re: light seeking

When turning robot towards the light change in signal difference between two sensors per change in angle will be larger as you move closer to the light. You set a level desired for this parameter when robot will stop. Sensors should be shrouded to be directional enough but not too much to create blind spot before approaching close enough to light source. Miight be good idea to use two sets of sensors, one for longer range, and one for shorter range.

Status
Not open for further replies.