Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

programmer for the ATMEGA324P microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

withloveshyam

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
I am new to the usage of microcontrollers.
So i have a doubt in what programmers can be used to download the compiled code from the PC into it.

I have a USB to serial cable. When i went through the manual of AVR butterfly it says that we can use this cable to program it.
Refer
**broken link removed**

I also found that the most common method to program the atmel is using the AVR ISP In-System Programmer
Refer
http://www.atmel.com/dyn/products/tools_card.asp?tool_id=2726

So kindly let me know if I can use the USB to Serial cable itself to program my ATMEGA 324P (or) should i get the AVR ISP In-System Programmer (or) any other method is available?

thanks

There are lot of other programmers available...

For example you can use usbasp, usbtinyisp
which connects to usb directly

Microcon

thanks for the reply.

Plz let me know if i can program it using the USB to Serial Cable itself, as it was done in the AVR butterfly.

In that case i need not buy a programmer again.

I think the AVR butterfly has a bootloader itself, so you need a programmer (maybe the usbasp as suggested) to program a new atmega324p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back