Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

"programmer can not be found" error in usbasp for 89S52 programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rahul_Mhaske

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear All,

please help me I am getting error of "programmer can not be found". I am using usbasp for 89S52 with fuse & lock bits EF for low & c9 for hi. before some time i got error of "no chip enable". Voltage level of usb programmer is near about 5 V & 89S52`s 4 to 4.5V

is your programmer is detected by the windows as USBASP and have you install the drivers?

if u r using USBASP for 89S52, it can not program 89s52 it only for avr
if you r using modified firmware for usbasp to program 89s and avr and using progisp pc software then its ok

Don't use SMS typing, this is an international forum and many people find it difficult to understand. Consider this a warning [alexan_e]

Dear All,

please help me I am getting error of "programmer can not be found". I am using usbasp for 89S52 with fuse & lock bits EF for low & c9 for hi. before some time i got error of "no chip enable". Voltage level of usb programmer is near about 5 V & 89S52`s 4 to 4.5V

I am using updated firmware & software also. I updated my windows driver for XP & Windows 7(which I am using).
It also gives chip enable error for 89S52.

Kindly, suggest any solution.

Which "updated firmware & software" you are using?

Post your connection diagram..

First thing check whether your programmer is detected as USBASP in device manager.Seconed crystal value should be 12MHz with ATMEGA8 and with reset of 89s52 use 0.1UF capacitor.

I am using updated firmware & software also. I updated my windows driver for XP & Windows 7(which I am using).
It also gives chip enable error for 89S52.

Kindly, suggest any solution.

I have uploaded my firmware along with windows driver & schematic also.Kindly replay.

Attachments

• usbasp_mklab_smd_sch.pdf
    26.4 KB · Views: 152
  • main_.txt
    6.9 KB · Views: 82
  • usbasp-windriver.2011-05-28.zip
    344.8 KB · Views: 185

Dear All, please help me I am getting error of "programmer can not be found". I am using usbasp for 89S52 with fuse & lock bits EF for low & c9 for hi. before some time i got error of "no chip enable". Voltage level of usb programmer is near about 5 V & 89S52`s 4 to 4.5V

First of all answer these questions.
Where the fuse bits come for programming 89S chips?
Which programming software are you using (I guess its Prog ISP)
Is this the first time you are using this programmer or you have used it earlier sucessfully for 89S chips?
How is your programmer constructed? On a vero board or a proper PCB?
ISP Pin layouts for AVR and 89S is different Cross check those
89S needs a reset circuit and a Xtal connected to be used in ISP mode. Are those connected?
What voltage you get across pin 20 GND and pin 40 Vcc of the chip?
Cheers

First of all answer these questions.
Where the fuse bits come for programming 89S chips?
Which programming software are you using (I guess its Prog ISP)
Is this the first time you are using this programmer or you have used it earlier sucessfully for 89S chips?
How is your programmer constructed? On a vero board or a proper PCB?
ISP Pin layouts for AVR and 89S is different Cross check those
89S needs a reset circuit and a Xtal connected to be used in ISP mode. Are those connected?
What voltage you get across pin 20 GND and pin 40 Vcc of the chip?
Cheers

Hi,
Dear All,

After fighting with USBASP after 5 days I switched over to parallel port programmer using Win AVR & Avrdude which has given me result in just one hour. It is very simple to construct. Pin nos 18-25 are GND. & 7 to 10 are Reset-SCK-MOSI-MISO serially.

Thanx to all.

For those who have an acess to the parellel port, its really a boon but for people like me who work with 3 laptops, without parellel ports, its better working with USBASP. Anyways, congrats on your success.
Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.