Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Processor which can handle low speed USB communications

Status
Not open for further replies.

nford

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I need a processor which can handle low speed USB communications. It should probably also be flash - I am doing prototyping so might need to program it numerous times. Does anybody know of a IC which fits these specifications?

Nick

can microcontroller handle usb?

The microcontroller Cygnal (now Silicon Labs) C8051F320/321 can handle USB communications at Full-Speed (12 Mbps) or Low-Speed (1.5Mbps).

The C8051F320/321 USB interface MCUs offer a 25 MIPS pipelined 8051 CPU, 16 kB Flash, USB 2.0 function controller and integrated clock recovery, UART, SMbus and SPI serial interfaces. On-chip analog features include multi-channel ADCs, precision voltage reference and oscillator, comparators and temp sensors.

More information at:

h**p://www.silabs.com/products/microcontroller/usb.asp

texas instruments usb microcontroller

The Microchip PIC16C745 or PIC16C765 are good options. See www.microchip.com

where can u find a usb microcontroller

The Microchip PIC offerings are not flash programmable - they are EPROM. A pain to use for prototyping. Microchip don't even offer the erasable parts for sampling any more - only the OTP parts :(

They are supposed to be releasing some flash USB parts one day though (I am not holding my breath)

Cheers,
FoxyRick.

68hc908jb8 example

use prolific usb to rs232 converter for this application,it's cheap.

standard 8051-based usb microcontrollers

Did you try the 68HC908JB8 microcontroller from Motorola?

si labs microcontroller with usb host support

Hi Guys,

I was at the Microchip MASTERS 2004 and Microchip has a new USB Flash MCU that supports full speed. I think you can ask for samples to work with. YOu can still use ICD2 to debug and program. Quick and easy.

Regards

programming c8051f320/21

what?
Do u need device controller, host controller or MCU?
u may detail ur application.

k750 microcontroler

what?
Do u need device controller, host controller or MCU?
u may detail ur application.

I am designing a small robot, controlled by a microcontroller. I originally designed the robot with a RS232 connection to a PIC MCU, but have noticed that almost no notebook computers are equipped with a standard serial port so wanted to convert to USB.

In short, while I could use a converter (such as a FTDI chip), I would prefer to have a single IC solution ie. a MCU with an integrated USB module. My question was intended only to find out from other people what other easily accessible MCU's are availabe with USB support.

pic18f2455 prolific

nford ... Texas instruments has a new line of USB controllers .. They are based on the 51 MCU .You can get samples of it ..
Check their website!
Cheers

usb-sim usb-rs232

Hi,

to add my 2 cent here:

h**p://www.plxtech.com/products/NET2000/default.asp

RoZ

price of c8051f320/21

nford said:
In short, while I could use a converter (such as a FTDI chip), I would prefer to have a single IC solution ie. a MCU with an integrated USB module. My question was intended only to find out from other people what other easily accessible MCU's are availabe with USB support.
If you don't need a high transfer speed, I'd urge you to go for the FTDI chip instead. A custom USB device involves quite a heavy workload, as the USB specs aren't as simple as you'd imagine. The development time is better spent on improving your robot. Cheers!

pic usb pic18f4555

try atmel's
AT43USB370

low speed usb in software 8051

I believe cypress product should be met your requirement for low cost and with standard computational power.

how to find usb microcontroller

Hello Sobakava, where can I find examples for HID apps on the FX2

Thanks

rs232 usb cy7c63001

I have came to know about some Flash series Of PIC Microcontrolloers for USB interfacing.

1- PIC18F2450
2- PIC18F2550
3- PIC18F2455
--------------------------
4- PIC18F4450
5- PIC18F4550
6- PIC18F4555

Also there are some good philps devices available for USB interfacing you can try them also for your need.
1-ISP1581
2-ISP1501
:idea:

usb controllers + 8051+cypress

i have used the EZ-USB cypress microcontroller with the USB-SIM board. this is really low-cast and plenty of useful demo firmware is available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back