Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Proceesing received audio signals for MUSIC DOA

Status
Not open for further replies.

nonster666

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am trying to implement MUSIC DOA estimator for audio signals.
I all papers, forums and code examples I have seen (including here https://www.edaboard.com/showthread.php?t=138861), the received signals is multiplied by an array manifold derived from the theoretical direction from which the signals was received and then noise is added (i.e., the received signal model X=S*A+N).
Thereafter the MUSIC algorithm is ran on X and the MUSIC spectrum is generated and plotted.
However, if I do not now the theoretical direction from which the audio signals were received (i.e., a real life situation), and I want to find the directions of two or more audio sources, what do I use for A (if at all) before running the music algorithm?
Thank you

With MUSIC, you must search over "all" values of all parameters of interest. (Of course, you can't search all the infinitely many directions, so we instead evaluate a limited number of fixed directions -- for example 0°, 0.5°, 1°, 1.5°, ..., 359.5°).

I wrote some simple code with lots of comments at this post which should help to clarify how it works.

Thank your weetabixharry, However I need some clarifications

The code you written

% Received signal
x = A*m + n;

i.e., m (the original signal) isbmultiplied by A and noise is added, where

A = exp(-1j*r*k)

k = pi*[cosd(az).*cosd(el), sind(az).*cosd(el), sind(el)].';

and
az = [35;39;127].

As I have written in my original post, this assumes that we know 'az' to generate the received signal.
However, in a real life situation we do not know 'az'.
what then do I use for 'x'?

Status
Not open for further replies.