Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Problems with using LM2575HVT-5 to step down 54VDC to 5V

Status
Not open for further replies.

prasad70

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to use LM2575HVT-5 regulator to step down 54VDC to 5V. Required current is around 300mA. I tested circuit but evry time IC became faulty just after power was given. IC was very hot at that time. I used 680 micrH Muratta inductor and MBR160 diode .
Can some one pls help me on this.

Re: LM2575HVT-5 problems

I want to use LM2575HVT-5 regulator to step down 54VDC to 5V. Required current is around 300mA. I tested circuit but evry time IC became faulty just after power was given. IC was very hot at that time. I used 680 micrH Muratta inductor and MBR160 diode .
Can some one pls help me on this.

why you are using 680uh inductor??

see atteched file try with 100uh inductor and for just 300ma requirement you have many other choice step down ICS

Attachments

• 2576.JPG
    2576.JPG
    62 KB · Views: 88

untitled.JPG

According inductor selection criteria, it's value should be 680 microH for 60V input.

thk

I tested circuit again using new components but i used new board this time. I found that problem was the distance between IC and input filter cap. Once I placed the capacitor closer the IC , problem dissapeared. Now circuit is working well. :)

thks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back