Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problems with SIM300 as it doesn't detect the sim card

Status
Not open for further replies.
simcom sim300 datasheets

anyone selling this sim 300?

Added after 15 minutes:

anyone selling this sim 300?

sim300 as server

I ever controlled Sim300 EVB via hyper terminal on PC.

Every time I power up the module, it can register with the network.

There are some command, related to communication through gsm network, have to wait for little time after power up before it can be used.

prd.

vbat low esr tantalum capacitor

prd said:
I ever controlled Sim300 EVB via hyper terminal on PC.

Every time I power up the module, it can register with the network.

There are some command, related to communication through gsm network, have to wait for little time after power up before it can be used.

prd.

Hey prd

Where did you get your EVB from? I am looking for one but cant find a source to sell me the darn board?

Thanks
~B

sim300d caller id

Hi ds18s20,

In my case, I contact excelpoint, see following link for office near you.
**broken link removed**

Otherwise, ask Simcom for vendors to contact, **broken link removed**

prd

sim300 sim card

Hi PRD,
Can you let me know your problem clearly,I have working successfully on SIM300 after a couple off months.

Thanking you,
Ravi.

sim 300 at+cpms

gravi said:
Hi PRD,
Can you let me know your problem clearly,I have working successfully on SIM300 after a couple off months.

Thanking you,
Ravi.

Hi gravi,
How did u solve your prblem?
Regards,
tramp

sim300 bsnl setup

Hi Tramp,
I have designed the modem as per the schematics in ver2.0, previously I neglected to groung body. If you tell me your problem I can suggest you.

Added after 1 minutes:

Hi Tramp,
I have designed the modem as per the schematics in ver2.0, previously I neglected to groung body. If you tell me your problem I can suggest you.

sim300 sm bl not ready

gravi said:
Hi Tramp,

Added after 1 minutes:

Hi gravi,
Thanks for your reply.I have attached interfacing circuit herewith.Problem observed that it get power on properly,but not get registered to network even though there is simcard (6 pin simcard holder) & antenna.also it is observed that Simvdd Pin does'nt go high(2.8V)after putting simcard.

Regards,
tramp

sim300 data sheet

I advise you to replace C4 with a 100uF/10V (at least), low esr type. On the PCB, make sure the traces between C4 and module pins are short and thick. The module may fail to register if you have high amplitude spikes on vdd pin during emission, check this with a scope and attach a capture if you can. This problem may occur if you have a poor quality antenna (high VSWR).

/pisoiu

sim card sim300 problem

Hi Tramp,
Design your module as per the data sheet's I'm attaching be very carefull with ground,s and don't forgot to ground body. Use power on circuit from page 6 difference between sim300 and sim100 pdf.

circuit diagram sim300 module

Hi everybody
Im transmitting data packets(nearly 500Bites) to host through GPRS, unfortunately some of my packets are missing.

Modem responds SEND OK after a packet is sent. Im not getting any responce for those missing packets. In data sheet it is mensioned that Modem responds either SEND OK/SEND FAIL or ERROR but Im not getting any kind of response for missed packets. I havent used flow control's. Is flow control manditory at 9600kbps baud rate.

According to my hardware RTS is pulled down and CTS and DTR are Not connect.

Thankyou
Ravi.

sim 300

Hi everybody Good day

I have been partially satisfied working with Sim300 fine.

1. I would like to know is there any command to reset modem.
2. Is it manditory to switch On modem manually when modem Switches OFF due to low power (less than 3.4 V).

Thanking you
Ravi.

sim300 pic

Hi,
Iam also having the problem of no SIMVDD. although I am getting the poweron and LED blinking. Does it realyy related to the baudrate, what if I have not connected to PC at all

Added after 11 minutes:

Hi,
For Sim300, Does it really require the full rs 232 link or can i work only with Rx,Tx RTS and CTS for normal operation with at commands ( not considering the s/w upgradation)

Thanks,
Ramho

sim 300 network led

Hi Everybody!

Did anybody have sim300D modem datasheet?

thanks in advance

sim300 netlight

MacroGroup said:
Hi Everybody!

Did anybody have sim300D modem datasheet?

thanks in advance

hi guyz im also looking for the data sheet of this modem ....can anyone get it ...

greetz

www.utoolkit.com/gsmeval.php

Hello everybody,

I am very happy to be here to learn some useful information about SIM300.

I am working on SIM300 now also. And hope to join you in the feature.

Bala

Added after 10 minutes:

Hello

Added after 5 minutes:

Hello all,

Attached please find the data sheet of SIM300D.

Bala

sim300 init

Hi all, I have just purchased a SIM300 module for under $85 in Bnaglore, India.
I am unable to find any sort of documentation on it.
I am in desperate need of interfacing diagrams.
Please help!

sim300 normal power down

Hi
You can find all the datasheets required for SIM300 under the same POST and RX and Tx lines are sufficient to interface with your controller and you need to maintain same power supply for modem and Controller (same voltage).

Thanking you
Ravi

sim300_v7

Hi

I have SIM399-EVB_v2.02 board which works fine.
But know I placed the design on our board and conected it to ARM7 procesor, which for know I am not using full Modem interface( I connected DTR an RTS to 0 ) , and currently just configured RX and TX pins.
And I have the same problem as described before. I just receive 64ms and 800ms led blink periode.
could be UART reason for problems?

I am attaching v 1.06 design used for building my project

best regards

Attachments

• sim300_hd_v1_1_.06_1943.pdf
    2.4 MB · Views: 301

sim300

Hi Zorz

Make your post clear

do not repeat sentencences with have the same problem as described before

You should find time to type your question in brief.

regards
Ravi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back