Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

problem with VHDL fsm

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as I see, the internal oscillator is available through the STARTUP_XXX primitive, beginning with Virtex-5 and Spartan-6, not with any previous devices. Did I miss something?

There is one PROM configuration clock for all FPGAs called CCLk I guess. Is it accessible to user design?, I mean can it be called for user clock functions?. Any idea?

I answered the question about accesibilty for Xilinx FPGA in my previous post.

I would say use a synchronous state machine coded with a standard fsm template because it makes simulation, debugging, timing analysis and synthesis easier. This is what the EDA tools have been designed to handle.

I would say use a synchronous state machine.
The original poster already came to this conclusion, that brought up the discussion about oscillator options for a board, that hasn't been designed with a clock.

Yeah, its unfortunate that the board design did not incorporate any clock. Its not common to see a completely clock-less logic device. Typically at least one of the external interfaces incorporates a clock.

Answering the original question; should there not be a sensitivity list that tells the process when to re-evaluate the process?

It should - just for consistent simulation. It's however ignored in synthesis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back