Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with using Brenner8 Programmer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Computerman29

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone. I built the brenner8 programmer. After debugging, I finally got it to work (had transistors reversed). I substituted 2N4403's for the BC328's. It works fine if I start the software BEFORE I plug in the USB cable, then click the "detect programmer" button. If I have the programmer plugged in when I start the software, the USB works, but it won't read, write, or properly identify a PIC. Is that normal for this programmer? Has anybody else experiencd this type of behavior with the brenner8? Also do I need to unplug the USB cable before inserting a PIC? Thanks.

pic-brenner8

Hi,

i also work on it, but i can\'t answer to your question because i also try to debug my board( vers. mini8-p). I haven\'t find any error on my board, but i\'m not able to increase the VPP over 9-9.6 V. I think I\'ll try to change the transistors on my board.
So i\'ll come back if i\'ll manage to make it work.
pama

pic brenner8

I have built the brenner8 I used bc337-25 and bc327-25 transistors.

I also have to load the software (USBURN14) before plugging in the programmer.

I don't unplug the programmer when changing pics. I haven't had any problems yet, but I guess if you are worried about it , unplug it first.

aei usb pic programmer

There is now new firmware and software for the Brenner8. All problems that I reported are corrected. Works perfectly. Here is a link to it:

**broken link removed**

Peace.

usburn15rc1

thanks for the link, but wat language is that??
There are Brenner8 Brenner-P....which is the correct one for PIC?
Can u post the link for the software, firmware and schematic here?
thanks

aei electronics usb pic programmer

Hi,

Seems the firmware has been updated on 13.12.2006, not so far from now.

Look at this Link and download this version

Here is the schematic and PCB in eagle format

Other links are just image prints from eagle.

Good luck

brenner8 pic

The site is in German. The Brenner8 and Brenner8smd are the same programmer except, of course one is smd. The Brenner8 mini is the same except it does not have a zif socket (ISCP only). The Brenner8-P is an updated version of the Brenner8. It has additional ISCP features. All versions are for PIC. The version I built is the Brenner8.

Here is a link to the Schematic and layout in Eagle format:

Brenner8-P
**broken link removed**

Brenner8
**broken link removed**

Software and Firmware
**broken link removed**

Hope this helps.

aei pic programmer

thanks, got it.....

pic-brenner8 driver

Is there anyone who cuild the programmer?

brenner8smd

Hi, I have built a brenner8. when i click blank check button i see an error which is "error code 997". why do i see this error ? is anyone know?

pic brenner8 driver

dears please your help I need the english manual of brenner8 or any explaination to how to use the programmer .I bought AEI USB PIC PROGRAMMER MODEL ID AEI H/W VER 002 S/W VER B. But I do not know how to use it . when I try to program pic16f877a the error code 997 appear

usb pic programmer aei

Your chip's Code Protection is on, therefore you have to remove the Code Protection before Erase the chip ( First, Select "Remove CP", then Select "Erase PIC" )

brenner8

Hi,

does Brenner8 support ISP programming ? or only ICSP ?
Is it possible to program AT89S52 / AT89C52 ?

10X in advance :)

pic-brenner8 (sprut 2006)

kennylee said:
Your chip's Code Protection is on, therefore you have to remove the Code Protection before Erase the chip ( First, Select "Remove CP", then Select "Erase PIC" )

If we can remove the Lock bits before erasing, can we read the data?

aei usb pic

hi
i have a doubt.
long time i assembly this programmer and all worked without problems (with windows xp) but when I connect to computer with windows vista I connect to the application programmer, the drivers are installed correctly but once i run the usb18a3.exe not detect the programmer .
someone happened the same?

brenner8 mini

It is nornal when you shift from one OS to other. The drivers for some peripherals will have a comaptibility problem, and thus doesnt work. Googling for Vista Drivers for the same may help you out. Good luck.

usburn15rc1.exe

what is the problem here and how i can solve it

**broken link removed**

i use AEI USB Pic Programmer H/D: 002 , S/W : B , and i want the driver for this Programmer

plz

Re: aei usb pic

spiderbait said:
hi
i have a doubt.
long time i assembly this programmer and all worked without problems (with windows xp) but when I connect to computer with windows vista I connect to the application programmer, the drivers are installed correctly but once i run the usb18a3.exe not detect the programmer .
someone happened the same?

Hi,

You may try to run it as an administrator if you were with Vista. Parent control must've blocked it somehow when the software trying to access the peripherals.

Cheers.

Re: pic brenner8 driver

Palfree said:
what is the problem here and how i can solve it

**broken link removed**

i use AEI USB Pic Programmer H/D: 002 , S/W : B , and i want the driver for this Programmer

plz
Please Call me
E.Ashraf mohamed
AEI
+202-012-3440365
+202-33844540
+202-37404639

Added after 1 minutes:

abdo1973 said:
dears please your help I need the english manual of brenner8 or any explaination to how to use the programmer .I bought AEI USB PIC PROGRAMMER MODEL ID AEI H/W VER 002 S/W VER B. But I do not know how to use it . when I try to program pic16f877a the error code 997 appear
http://images.elektrPlease Call me
E.Ashraf mohamed
AEI
+202-012-3440365
+202-33844540
+202-37404639oda.net/18_1243417494_thumb.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.