Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with USBaspLoader for ATMEGA32

Status
Not open for further replies.

lxkarthi

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I am trying to implement USBaspLoader in ATMEGA32.
When i plug in the USB, it says, device not recognised & shows as unknown device with both ids (vendor,device) as 00.
Details:
I used
PD6 as D-
PD2 as D+
PD1 as jumper.
Bootloader address as 7800 (configured in makefile)
Freq 16 MHz.
Fused High:d6 low:df
I am not locking ATMEGA lock bits (in order to save my chip if i program wrong lock bits)
I use Windows 7. & tried installing usbasploader driver for windows7.
Please, if anyone have already implemented it, HELP !

Hi.

Please use my maintained fork https://github.com/baerwolf/USBAspLoader with many bugfixes, optimizations and of course new features.
I tested ATmega32 personally and it works. Please just change Makefile.inc to your designed settings (type of MCU, clock ..etc...) and firmware/booloaderconfig.h with your current hardwarelayout (pinning).
The makefile will tell you correct fuse-settings.
Lockbits won't be touched, since there is a new update feature in order to save additional ISP-header and just rely on USB...

(If you want to go professionally you also could define some magic-numbers to protect your bootloader from wrong updates with different compiles, etc...)

Have fun with it.

Best regards
p.s.: I am always interrested in test or all kind of contribution to USBaspLoader - please report.

Status
Not open for further replies.