Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

problem with USB to UART PCB

Status
Not open for further replies.

bpramod

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi friends..
My PC is not having serial port so i am using USB-UART pcb for connecting my GSM to PC,so i installed correct driver for usb-uart pcb..initially it was detected now its not detecting...there is no chance of hardware damage bcz sometimes it is deteceted for a few minutes...wat to do?..really its big problem to me....plz help me:?::?::?::?::?::?::oops:

Check the UART speed settings in your PC. Did it got changed by any chance ?

Check the UART speed settings in your PC. Did it got changed by any chance ?
the settings are correct...also LED is not glowing...sometimes it is detected

OK... looks like a USB issue, and not UART. Check the USB driver again. Which OS are you using in your PC ? If its WIN&, then go to Start menu -> right click on Computer -> Properties -> Device manager and see if the USB add-on PCB is properly detected or not. You may have to rollback, or reinstall the USB driver again

OK... looks like a USB issue, and not UART. Check the USB driver again. Which OS are you using in your PC ? If its WIN&, then go to Start menu -> right click on Computer -> Properties -> Device manager and see if the USB add-on PCB is properly detected or not. You may have to rollback, or reinstall the USB driver again

ya i installed again..but still its not working....

Can you please post a screenshot of the above link ? which OS are you using on your PC ?

Hi,

I have attached the screen shot of how the device manager should look like. All devices must be correctly recognized. If not, that means USB device driver has gone bad. You can do an experiment. Try using this card on another PC and see if there is any change in the overall operation..

Attachments

• devicedriver.png
    devicedriver.png
    79.4 KB · Views: 111

Status
Not open for further replies.