Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with unused pin I/O in EPM7128 project

Status
Not open for further replies.

wwwrabbit

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pin I/O

I use MaxPlus did a small project. choose device EPM7128, assign pins and systhesize is OK, load to EPM7128 and run. it functions ok. but I found there are some unused pin (I did not assign them ) also have signal output. Why? (I suppose that all un-assigned pin is in high impedence state) and how to sovle it?

Re: pin I/O

Hi,
Since the pins are not used it cannot be forced to high impedance state. You may use sume dummy (read waste) logic and force these pins to high impedance.
Madhukar

check the place & route report for Number of LOCed External IOBs
u may have left some ports in ur top module without any pin assignment

In maxplus, used pins are tied to low. You had better assign these used pins as input.

I guess you use 7000S.
7000S/3000A is different with 7000AE
In MP2,if you choose 7000S/3000S,unused pin is an output of a internal node. Perhaps is low,perhaps is high. If you hope a tri output,you should define this pin as an input . If you want to get a 1 or 0,you also can define it in your design.

if you choose 7000AE,unused pin is driven to the GND.

In QuartusII,you can choose GND/Vcc/Tri/internal output/ for unused pin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back