Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with Tx speed in ZILOG Z85C3008

Status
Not open for further replies.

tapa

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ZILOG Z85C3008 Problem

Hello,

Now at days I have to get an old design microprocesor board to work. This design was done with militar componentes, but now we are using comercial/industrial unes. The micro is a 68000 working at 12 MHz and the zilog is a 8 MHz version. The timing of the zilog signals looks OK (realy I have change a few GALs to improve this). But I have the problen that from time to time, normaly a few days of continius working the zilog change sudenly the TX speed (it work only with port B, asincronous and unidirectional, I mean as TX). I have use a modified version of the micro sofware and I have find that the High byte of TX rate change from 00h to 20h and even a reset (hardware or sofware) and reprograming of the zilog it doesn't accept new values on this register. If I swith off the system and turn on again it keeps no working. But after wait a time, I have test temperature, capacitor discharge, ...., It work again, but you must wait about 15 minutes.

Any idea????? Have any of you have some problem similar to this with a zilog???

Thank all of you for your help

TaPa

Status
Not open for further replies.