Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with sampling storage for big datastreams in DSO

Status
Not open for further replies.

renner_2004

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
DSO again

hi,

i want to design a dso relate more or less to Johann glaser (http://www.johann-glaser.at/projects/DSO/) variant. The maximum sampling frequence should be 100MHz. Per channel i want to have 512kByte sampling storage.
My problem is the sampling storage for this big datastream. I think ZBT Sram are the best solution but they are very expensive and not easy to get.
Here are my questions:
-are SDRAM or DDRAM a better solution, can they process such big datastreams?
- if so, are there any vhdl solutions similar to my problem (i forgot: i want to use a spartan3 fpga)

Re: DSO again

hi,

maybe i can give you another design idea. Try to use 2 or more parallel data paths to storage data --> each time interleaved. For instance data path 1 storage one data during two cylcles while in data path 2 the next data is storaged during the next 2 cycle. this can be done by simple logic. So you can reduce the max. writing cylce and can use simple and cheap memories.

Re: DSO again

thank you,

could be a solution. But i will need a fpga device with much more pins ( BGA :-( ). By the way, does anybody know how to solder a BGA device?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back