Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with power drop in a 500 meters line

Status
Not open for further replies.

sijincool

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi i am not sure about iam posting this in the right section.

i need a power supply of 12v(from lead acid cel) dc through a line of 500 meters.

am using a twisted pair cable.

but the drop gives me the trouble in the other end.

pls help me.

how about the boost smps circuits if yes kindly suggest me an ic for that.

power drop

What current? What is the cable resistance? Your voltage drop will be the cable resistance multiplied by the current. That is why long distance power transmission uses high voltages, low current - the power drop is lower. So, one option may be to boost the voltage and then drop it back down at the other end.

Keith.

power drop

Is that supposed to be helpful?

absolutely. one of the most important skills, way about one's ability to program, is one's ability to articulate one's thoughts and in this case, articulate one's problems so that others can help.

if you cannot articulate what "troubles" you are having, I am not sure if anyone can help you.

Re: power drop

millwood said:
Is that supposed to be helpful?

absolutely. one of the most important skills, way about one's ability to program, is one's ability to articulate one's thoughts and in this case, articulate one's problems so that others can help.

if you cannot articulate what "troubles" you are having, I am not sure if anyone can help you.

Or put simply, "no".

Keith.

Status
Not open for further replies.