Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with parts connection in a propic2 design

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hatem Afify

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
please help me i bougth all the material needed to build the programmer (propic2) from the site
www.propic2.com and download its pcb and schematic first question when i download and extract the
pcb i found it three parts top and bottomand over what pcb should i use second in schematic what that symbole mean
(D0-2-1 Blue) it is connected to DB9 and (clk VDD8-8) also connected to the same device
at last is that schematic protected i mean if any transistor fail can't that make a feedback current to the serial port
and cause problems thanks for helping me :cry:

Re: problem in propic2

hi

pls do not try directly soldering it to the pcb if u r not sure about the circuit operation. if there is any falt in the component placement, it may lead to overvoltage at printer port pins. this has got a great chance as we are using 13v in the pcb.

so, my sugession is, u build the circuit in the bread-board and test voltages at parallel port and make sure that it is safe. now test it by the software with hardware test utility. verify vpp1,2,3 and Vdd at the respective pins fo the ZIF socket.

pls dont confuse with DB9 connector. we are using the printer port and not COM. u can even avoid a DB9 connector in your hardware and u can relpace it with a simple 8/9 pin connector.

for eg:

D3-5-4 label in the circuit diagram indicates that D3 pin of printer port (5th pin of prineter connector) is connected to 4th pin of teh DB9 connector. if u r not using DB9 u can directly connect the 5th pin of parallel port to pin1 or IC7407.

pls send me ur comments about my suggessions and if u find it useful pls do click on button that says "helped me"

ragards
Anees

Re: problem in propic2

hi thanks for trying help me but i think that you didn't see the schematic i talked about
in all my words i didn't tell anything about solding parts or printer com i only asked three simple question needs three simple answer
because i bougth all parts already but that problems facing me and need solutions espically about the circut protection i am afraid to connect it on serial com and cause
a problems if there is any thing wrong in it what can i do to ensure that there is no overvoltage would occur if i connect it to my pc
can any engineer explain what that circut do and all symbol noted in DB9 tells thanks alot for trying help :!:

Status
Not open for further replies.