Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with Netlist import and Libraries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biziu

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
can`t find part type

Im trying to import a netlist to use in the Power PCB 5.1 and i got a lot of messages like:
"Can't find part Type item < PS2561-1 >
U17 PS2561-1

Can't find part Type item < 24LC256 >
U2 24LC256

Can't find part Type item < 24LC02_OMIT >
U3 24LC02_OMIT

Can't find part Type item < CX11253_TQFP64 >
U4 CX11253_TQFP64

Can't find part Type item < 5494R69-001 >
U5 5494R69-001

Can't find part Type item < PQFP32P8MM >
U902 PQFP32P8MM

Can't find part Type item < GND_TIE >
U908 GND_TIE

Can't find part Type item < 28.224MHZ >
Y1 28.224MHZ"

Bla bla bla..... Just for the information: This is a PCB board for a V.90 Modem with a huge IC of modem. Does anyone have any information where i can get a library that contents those components, including Capacitors, Resistors?
Why capacitors and resistors? Well, i got messages like this one too:

"Can't find part Type item < PR20023040 >
C940 PR20023040

Can't find part Type item < 0.1UF >
C993 0.1UF

Can't find part Type item < 10UF >
C995 10UF

Can't find part Type item < SOT23CANC >
D11 SOT23CANC

Can't find part Type item < LED_RIGHT_ANGLE >
D12 LED_RIGHT_ANGLE"

Or the problem is with the original schematic that i imported? I used a schematic from Orcad (DSN File). Any clue?! :cry:

cant find part type item power logic

The best way is to make those components, and it does not need to be so enormous task when you do it in a clever way.

First of all, you have to know anyway which decals you need. You may have most of them, and you just have to make component types matching the file you import.

I have sometimes done a mass generation of parts by first exporting as an ascii file the current ones already associated with correct decals, and then just renamed items with a text editor. Thereafter, by reading in (importing) the modified file, you get the part definitions with minimum of manual work.

It is a good practice to create a new library to use for this purpose and not to import to some standard library.

Best,
Ted

Thank you very much for the answer!! :) I will try to make the footprints and a new library. But the real problem is the size of each component. Some of them i haven't bought yet, so i don't know with precision the footprints. Do you know where i can get the specifications of each of them? (Some good site with a lot of information).

Thanks again for your patient! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back