Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with "My Posts"

Status
Not open for further replies.

E-design

Advanced Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
If I click on "My Posts" I get the following error: Please add more constraints to your search. Searches that return all or most of the database are a bad idea.

In the past I could click and get a listing of all my postings.

The forum has just recently moved to a new server and locale.

You might try logging off, flush/clear system DNS, log back in and then attempt "My Posts."

I have not experience any issues since performing the above procedure and "My Posts" is functioning as expected.

BigDog

Did not help. BTW I noticed it about two weeks ago.

"My Topics" produce the same message.

Attachments

• error.gif
    error.gif
    123.8 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:

I was encountering similar issues, before we switched to the new server yesterday, however at this point all forum features for my account seem to function as expected.

Out of curiosity, have you closed the browser, flush the browser cache, reopen it and then test the features?

The only other possibility which comes to mind, is possible database corruption at the server side related to one or more of your postings.

Perhaps Gulson can shed some light on the issue.

BigDog

Yes, I have done all that you suggested.

Interesting, I just noticed if I attempt to access "My Topics" while not on my profile page, I receive the error you mention.

One last test, click on you account name in the top right corner of the page, this should take you to your profile page.

Once on your profile page, attempt to access "My Topics" and "My Posts."

Let me know the results.

BigDog

Still getting the error going through my profile page.

Thanks for your help so far.

I fixed this error. I want thank you for notify me about this problem.

No, no thanks to you! :)
If you see something that need to be corrected let me know.

The error returned! It was working correctly until about 30 minutes after my last sign in today.

It's working fine. If you can please copy and paste link which is returning error.

Message is unavailable.

Attachments

• error1.gif
    error1.gif
    210.7 KB · Views: 86

Nope, still error on both; posts and topics.

I think you must send me information where these links are located, maybe links to my posts and topics are located in different places. I corrected links in menu "search", "important links" and "activity stream".

For my posts this is the link showing:
For my topics:

In my case both "My Posts" and "My Topics" under "Important Links" function as expected if and only if I am currently looking at my profile page.

If I am simply browsing the forum and select either feature I receive the same error message.

BigDog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back