Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[PIC] Problem with JTAG and PIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

poow

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone,
i'm new in this domain so i don't know a lot about it.
I have bought a PIC16F877A with the JTAG interface :
$(KGrHqZ,!rgFIHtGSveCBSIH(Eep0Q~~60_3.JPG

But i have no idea how to start programming, i have been told once that i should buy pickit3, and use it's software, or umse MPLAB but it doesn't support JTAG :S

Can anyone tell me please what are the first steps to upload a simple code to the microchip ? Thanks a lot :)

The advertising statement for the development board is a bit confusing. I don't see any functionality related to JTAG, USB connector is for power supply only, apparently the bottom-right 6-pin connector is for programmer connection, apparently compatible with PICkit pin assignment.

Attachments

• Schematic.PDF
    51.8 KB · Views: 78

It mean that i should buy a picKit and take the microchip off the JTAG board and put it in the picKit ?

Yes buy a pickit2 or pickit3, and no, you dont have to remove the chip from the board. The board has a 6-pin connector for in-circuit serial programming (ICSP) so you connect the pickit2 to the board via this connector.

And you are good to go.

Okey thanks a lot for your help guys :)

Status
Not open for further replies.