Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with ISP of P89C51RC2HBA

Status
Not open for further replies.

vignesh_baliga

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello All, I am having difficulty with ISP programming on Philips 89C51RC2HBA. What I was told is, I may have blown off the Boot vector due to RC reset circuit I am using.
I have 3 version of AN461 document from Philips and there seems to be some inconsistency, Hence I would like to know if some one has worked with this controller and if so what setting did they have?
I am running on controller on 5v, the controller is brand new (I guess).
I have set EA High via 4.7K.
I have 4 jumpers to configure for ISP.
J1 for P2.6 (to be set to high via 4.7k)
J2 for P2.7 (to be set to high via 4.7k)
J3 for ALE ((to be set to high via 4.7k)
J4 for PSEN (to be set to low)
The reset circuit is based on RC circuit (I did not use Reset IC), it works ..but not sure if this burns the reset circuit internal to controller.
RS232 is working fine.
Using Flash Magic and it does not get echo of “U”. Via serial port monitor, I see controller transmitting 0xFC 0XE0 continuously. Also I don’t have a parallel programmer.
I need to know the setting to do (jumper) to force the controller in to ISP and what other setting did you use (if it worked for you)
Thanks and Regards
Vignesh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back