Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with ISP header and AT89S52

Status
Not open for further replies.

prodigyaj

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello ,

i am using AT89s52

we had designed a PCB with an isp circuit ( the asim khan ) , the program burns into the uC fine but gives unexpected output.
Now we have a custom made board , when the same uC programmd from PCB is put in this board the program works fine .

So basically the situation is that the PCB that should have been a complete package of ISP and testing is only acting as a ISP giving erronous outputs ( basically the output is P0= 0 and all other porrts high ) while putiting in another board it works fine ...

can any1 out there help me out of this ... its really urgent as i hv a important project with this on saturday

Re: Problem with uC!

I think there is must be a mistake with your ISP header on your PCB
Agreed, have a look at the data sheet of the AVR and confirm that you PCB has same pinouts.
My guess is that there is some wrong connection on the ISP.

Problem with uC!

well thank you guys ... i think i just found out the mistake
Pin no. 31 (EA) had to be connected to Vcc for accessing internal memory of the uC AT89s52.
However i would like to know one more thing that what exactly is the use of PULL up resistors in AT89s52 especially in Port 0 where the datasheet clearly states that the port 0 has no internal pull up resistance !

hello friend as u know that in MCUs the ports are FETs working as switch for that drain should be connected to Vcc source to GND . as u see in port 0 schmatic the drain is no where connected i.e, to Vcc so we are connecting drain to Vcc using resistor this is called puu up resistor

prodigyaj said:
However i would like to know one more thing that what exactly is the use of PULL up resistors in AT89s52 especially in Port 0 where the datasheet clearly states that the port 0 has no internal pull up resistance !

Of course as there is no internal pull up in port0, you should add it externally.

if you want to use port 0 as well as the other port, you HAVE TO connect to the pull up resistor, say about 4K7 or 10K, here is the schematic for asim khan

Status
Not open for further replies.