Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with Iphone charging circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

zenniz

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm trying to replicate a charging circuit for Iphone 3 and 4.

I'm supplying a 5V to the charger using a power supply with the current nob adjusted to the max. (3A)
I tried supplying 2V to both D- and D+ but the Iphone keep displaying " Charging is not supported with this accessory ".
The multimeter shows ~80mA when the Iphone is plugged in with " Charging is not supported with this accessory " message and almost 0A when unplugged.

I tried 75k ohms and 50 ohms but it doesn't help either.

I got the resistor as close as it's rated value. (100.1K, 100.2K and 150.1K 149.9K)

What is the problem???

Testing.png

Last edited:

your setup seems correct - see here : https://www.ladyada.net/make/mintyboost/icharge.html
so I suspect a stupid wiring mistake ?
I did this with 33Kand 22K resistors and it worked fine for me.
may be your usb-iphone cable is not the right one ?
I have an early ipod 30gb cable that says this for my iphone 3gs no matter the supply is good.
you need a 3gs or 4 usb cable.

I am able to charge other phone like Galaxy S4, etc using the circuit without any changes. ( My circuit connection has no problem )
I tried using the 3gs/4 USB cable but the Iphone still shows that message.

your setup seems correct - see here : https://www.ladyada.net/make/mintyboost/icharge.html
so I suspect a stupid wiring mistake ?
I did this with 33Kand 22K resistors and it worked fine for me.
may be your usb-iphone cable is not the right one ?
I have an early ipod 30gb cable that says this for my iphone 3gs no matter the supply is good.
you need a 3gs or 4 usb cable.

if you use a real apple charger with your usb cable does it work ? if yes the cable is good
I dont hear the galaxy somewhat uses the same resistor detection as the iphone. any power supply is ok for the s4.

Yea, the cable is working fine. weird problem, really weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back