Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with installing ModelSim

Status
Not open for further replies.

atena

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
modelsim error 103

Hi everybody, and sorry if i have posted this topic in wrong section. I have reinstalled Model Sim version 6.0a in my PC and also got the License file from XILINX. When i tried to simulate my VHDL and both Verilog code with Model Sim, it show error code : 103... (failure in obtaining VHDL (Verilog) license). I suggest that the error must be with the license file or the sever but i dont know how to remove it, can anybody plz give me a guide to resolve this problem. Thanks very much in advance.

xilinx modelsim licence.dat

You should download the latest version on ModelSim website and request a new license key.

problem installing modelsim

i think it is also possible that the license file path with modelsim is not correct. pls check the path of the license and also check if the license has expired...

xilinx modelsim path

haneet said:
i think it is also possible that the license file path with modelsim is not correct. pls check the path of the license and also check if the license has expired...

Yes,
Use the utility provided with model sim to locate the licence file.
Note that in some Modelsim versions, the licence file has to have the name license
and an extension .dat or .lic.
Try this 2 essays:
In the firts one rename the license file as licence.dat and use the utility hat I talked about for licensing.
If this bring no result rename the file license.lic
Please let me know about the result.
Thanks.

xilinx modelsim mixed language license

Hello,

as I understand, you are trying to do mixed language simulation. Are you sure that XILINX ModelSim license includes this option? Even with full license this option must be purchased separately. Does the error also appear when simulating VHDL only?

Regards,
Frank

latest modelsim version

as i realise from the question atena is trying 2 compile a cade in VHDL and Verilog to check if either of the codes is compiling...
i dont really think atena is trying to use mixed language... but if that is the case then none of the hardware tools will support...
guyz correct me if i am wrong...

modelsim failure to license for viewer xilinx

Which modelsim version do you use?

**broken link removed**

ep20k

error 1031 modelsim

FvM said:
Hello,

as I understand, you are trying to do mixed language simulation. Are you sure that XILINX ModelSim license includes this option? Even with full license this option must be purchased separately. Does the error also appear when simulating VHDL only?

Regards,
Frank

No Frank, i did them seperately. The problem was with the license only like Haneet has suggested. I have requested for the new license and remove it. Thanks everybody and sorry for replying too late....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back