Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Problem with Flash Magic in P89V51RD2BN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jigar 4 Electronics

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Friends,

I've write a program in keil (in C language) and build a project.
--> options are set to Freq. = 11.0592 MHz, Use on chip ROM, Create Hex File.
Nothing else I've changed in option for target. and Now I've a hex file of the project, which I am trying to
program in NXP p89v51rd2bn using Flash Magic 6.01.2547 .
As I haven't serial port in my PC, I've purchase Serial to USB cable BF-810 (By BAFO TECHNOLOGIES).
In Flash Magic I've set a select device option properly to my mc, and have set baud rate to 9600 (also have tried by varying it)
Interface: None (ISP) and haven't select to erase option. then I've make a tick on Veryfying after programming.
When I press start It asks me to reset my device in ISP mode.
Now I've press reset button of my controller kit but there is no change.(Reset button have proporly connected to Vcc and GND. When I press it; it holds 5 V otherwise 0 V ).
I've check why it actually asking for reset, then I found that It sends Uppercase 'U' character and willing to receive back through cable, So at the time when Flash Magic asking me to reset my device I manually short the TXD and RXD (P3.0 and p3.1) of controller to transmit the same 'U' back.
And finally the dialogue box which was asking me reset gets dissapear... And now after 60-80 seconds I got a message " UNABLE TO CONNECT (RECEIVE/TRANSMIT).
Can Anyone solve the problem please.

Here the cable is ok because the 'U' is get received by PC as I joint TXD and RXD, so cable can't be faulty.
the controller kit has all proper connections. and also the path form RS-232 port to TXD, RXD pins are also ok because
as I joint the TXD and RXD the message gets dissapear instantly !

so what should be the problem please reply.

[ BF-810 is compatible for Flash Magic I've got this from this link : **broken link removed**
I've check EVERYTHING listed here : Failed To Autobaud
]

Thanks

Have you tried changing P89v51RD2 IC?

Hi friend

P89v51RD2 have bootloader program in it to reprogramm controller using flase magic but this bootloader is erasable or updateable for further use.

if you use paraller programmer to programm P89v51RD2 at any time before use of flase magic and if you don't take care of bootloader, then it will erase at programming time(Paraller Programmer) and your flase magic doesn't work with that controller in future without reprogramming of bootloader at memory location 0x10000.

Best of luck

i am using serial db9 connector in my pc, used flash magic for burning code but unable to use it. i am having windows 7, is there any another software or driver needed while using flash magic?
it asks for reset in isp mode i did it reset by reset pin and even by replacing supply but it shows "unable to read device signature" the same circuit runs at my friend's desktop he is using windows xp. pls solve i am not getting any idea to do it

---------- Post added at 19:37 ---------- Previous post was at 19:36 ----------

i am using flash magic for p89v51rd2, even changed my controller but still facing same problem

it may be because of the improper circuitary of level converter ic, just before a month i made the devloper board and i was facing the same problem then after mani manipulations i got to know thwt my circuit was falsi, you just check the circuit of max232 level converter after that it will run definately..if you need my circuit inform me i will upload it here.
and pls download the updated version of flash magic available at its site that works on windows 7.

Hello,
You didn't mentioned about this step(this is very crucial step) : install flash magic and goto options -> advance options -> in Hardware config Tab, uncheck use DTR to control RST.
fl.jpg
Baud rate 9600.
Interface None(Isp)
Follow this link similar problem : https://www.edaboard.com/threads/238063/

Status
Not open for further replies.