Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

problem with FFT IP core

Status
Not open for further replies.

habbas33

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have generated FFT ouput from FFT IPcore 7.1 for a signal and i wanted to match it with the FFT result from matlab. as shown the result of both outputs are normalised to compare butl i found a little missmatch with the result. can any one indicate what is the reason for this mismatch.

There are 512 samples of the signal therefore the transform length of IP core is set to 512 with unscaled output.

for matlab i used
fft_maltab = real(fft(x,512))

Attachments

• first_Norm_FFT_simVSmatlab.jpg
    first_Norm_FFT_simVSmatlab.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 100

are the differences related to real and fixed point representations?

i dont think so because this real fxn is used to get the real component from the complex FFT result. the fixed point result from the IP core is converted into integer and read into matlab for plotting

This is the problem - the matlab version is floating point, the IP core is fixed point. Hence difference in implementation (and lots of scope for differences). You need to make the matlab model completly fixed.

This is the problem - the matlab version is floating point, the IP core is fixed point. Hence difference in implementation (and lots of scope for differences). You need to make the matlab model completly fixed.

I have converted the system on matlab into fixed point one but still having the same problem

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 56

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back