Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

problem with dspic30f3010 and pickit 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mohammad Zubair

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I was testing my dspic30f3010 with a test code i got from internet. I used cheap clone Pickit 2 to program my IC. My IC was working very fine. However, when I tried imporing the actual code, my both ICs became unresponsive.

Code:
#include <p30f3010.h>

// Configuration settings
_FOSC(CSW_FSCM_OFF & FRC_PLL16); // Fosc=16x7.5MHz, Fcy=30MHz
_FWDT(WDT_OFF); // Watchdog timer off
_FBORPOR(MCLR_DIS); // Disable reset pin

int main()
{
    // Configure all four port D pins (RD0, RD1, RD2, RD3)
    // as digital outputs
    LATD = 0;
    TRISD = 0b1111111111110000;

// Flash LEDs on RD0 and RD1 at 1Hz for 4 seconds
    while(1)
    {
        _LATD0 = 0;
        __delay32(15000000);
        _LATD0 = 1;
        __delay32(15000000);
    }

return 0;
}

the problem I detected from searching the internet was I have disabled the MCLR pin in my test program.

The solution to it I found on net was possible with the original pickit 2. As cheap pickit 2 does not have Vdd control circuit.

Now What should I be doing to resurrect these ICs:

1) Use a pickit3 from microchip (oriinal) as it will (I suppose) be having the Vdd control circuit required for its solution. We do not have pickit 2 original available in our country.

2) Design an additional circuitry for the cheap pickit 2 which will give the required results.

Please Do guide me!!! It's urgent!!!!

I think going for the pickit 3 would be best. Overall, it is a good investment and will help you avoid troubles like this in the future.

Ok but I am unsure about one thing............

I downloaded pickit 3 software from the internet and checked it (without having a pickit 3) and I didn't find "use vpp first entry" option in it(which is necessary to make my ICs working)

I was in doubt whether will it solve my problem or not

Status
Not open for further replies.